Fire Retardant Plywood
Fire Retardant Plywood
Fire Retardant Plywood Details:
- Available in STRUC 1 and Class 1 configurations
- TrinityTree fire retardant plywood bearring the PYRO-GUARD mark has a flame spread rating of 25 or less (Class A) when tested in accordance with ASTM E 84, “Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials”. PYRO-GUARD treated plywood shows no evidence of significant progressive combustion when the test is extended for an additional 20 minute period. In addition, the flame front shall not progress more than 10½ feet beyond the centerline of the burners at any time during the test. The flame spread and smoke developed index for each species and product are classified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc (UL).
- Panel thickness: (a)18.26 mm (23/32 of an inch) - 4 ply - Southern Yellow Pine (Eastern United States Plant) & (b)18.26 mm (23/32 of an inch) - 5 ply or 7 ply - Douglas Fir (Western United States Plant)
- Panel size: 2440mm x 1220mm (4 feet x 8 feet) • Veneer Face Quality: ACX (American Plywood Association Standard) • Packaging: all panels palletized: 48 sheets per pallet ( sheets per pallet can vary)
- TrinityTree fire retardant plywood is manufactured under the independent third party Inspection of Underwriters Laboratories Follow-Up Service and each piece shall bear the UL classified mark indicating the extended 30 minute ASTM E 84 test.
- Fire retardant treated TrinityTree plywood shall be labeled kiln dried after treatment (KDAT). Timber Products Inspection, Inc. (TP) shall monitor the process and the TP mark shall appear on the label.
- Fire retardant treated TrinityTree plywood shall be produced in accordance with ICC Evaluation Service Report 1791 (ESR-1791).
- Fire retardant treated TrinityTree plywood meets the performance requirements of AWPA U1,Commodity Specification H for Use Category UCFA and AWPA C20/C27 (Type A, HT). Fire Retardant Treatment:
Fire Retardant Treatment:
- Structural performance of TrinityTree fire retardant plywood is in accordance with ASTM D 5516 for plywood. Evaluation of plywood data is in accordance with ATM D 6305. The resulting design value and span rating adjustments are published in ICC Evaluation Report ESR-1791, issued by the ICC Evaluation Service Inc. which includes evaluation of high temperature (HT) strength testing for roof applications.
- Interior fire retardant treated plywood is kiln dried after treatment to maximum moisture content of 15% for TrinityTree plywood.
- The fire retardant treatment does not contain halogens, sulfates, chlorides, ammonium phosphate, urea formaldehyde or formaldehyde.
- TrinityTree plywood is manufactured under US Product Standard PS 1or PS 2. Panels shall have a minimum bond durability of Exposure 1. Application:
- TrinityTree fire retardant plywood used in structural applications shall be installed in accordance with the conditions and limitations listed in ESR-1791 as issued by the ICC Evaluation Service Inc.
- TrinityTree fire retardant plywood shall be installed in compliance with the requirements of the applicable building codes and product recommendations.
- TrinityTree plywood shall not be installed in areas where it is exposed to precipitation, direct wetting, or regular condensation. As with untreated wood avoid exposure to precipitation during shipping, storage or installation. Apply underlayment over dry sheathing as soon as practical to avoid direct rain on the panel. Panels that get wet should be allowed to dry before applying underlayment, or replaced.